Open Records Policy
Open Records Requests will be processed according to the following policy:
- A request should be submitted in writing or by email and will need to include the following information, the attached form may be used:
- The name, address, and signatures of the person submitting the request.
- A description of the records to be copied or inspected.
- A phone number and /or email address is not required, but may be helpful in processing your request.
- Statement regarding residency
- The Request should be sent to the Washington County Clerk’s Office,
117 N Cross Main St – P O Box 446 Springfield KY 40069 during regular office hours (Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
The request may be hand-delivered, mailed, faxed, or emailed. Emailed requests are to be sent to [email protected]
- A determination will be made within (5) working days from the date an application is received (excepting Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays) regarding approval of the request, and the requestor will be notified of the decision within the (5) day period.
- Certain items may be excluded in whole or in part if they contain exempted information as prescribed under KRS 61.878.