loader image
Learn about the safe, effective COVID-19 vaccines and find where to get vaccinated at vaccine.ky.gov

Washington County Clerk

Waving American Flag

Our office is open
Monday - Friday 9 AM - 4:30 PM
2nd Saturday of the month 9 AM to NOON

Mobile Homes

What's Needed to Transfer Ownership of a Mobile Home?

  • Kentucky Certificate of Title, clear of all liens, with assignment portion properly completed by the buyer and the seller
  • Application for title/registration (TC 96-182) may be required
  • Social Security numbers for each party appearing on the title or Federal ID number for companies
  • If the Mobile Home has been moved, a State Fire marshal inspection is required.

Mobile homes are often transferred in the same manner as vehicles except proof of insurance is not required.

To contact the State Fire Marshal, visit their website

Mobile Home Conversion to Real Estate...

Mobile Homes permanently attached to real estate may now be converted to real estate. Once the Mobile Home has been converted, the title is surrendered and can not be re-issued.

The Kentucky Certificate of Title (clear of all liens) must be surrendered to the County Clerk and junked for $1.00. An affidavit of Conversion to Real Estate along with a copy of Certificate of Title is filed in the Deed Room of the County Clerk’s Office for a $15.00 recording fee.

Skip to content